Knit and crochet are the basic building blocks of Knit the Bridge.
Here at KtB we love knit and crochet because it’s accessible, it’s simple (at it’s most basic), the tools are affordable (think thrift store yarn and two pencils…), it’s social, and it’s addictive…
And every year in the Pittsburgh area there’s a fabulous festival that brings yarn, needles, hooks, and enthusiasts together –
It’s called the Pittsburgh Knit & Crochet Festival and it starts tomorrow!
Knit the Bridge invites you to join us for any or all of our events at the festival (look for us under the bright neon crocheted bridge tower):
- Knit the Bridge presentation, Friday, March 15th at 7:30pm
- Knit all night Friday night in the KtB lounge area
- Represent your community and mark your neighborhood or township on one of several maps (specially made by Kitty Sp.)
- Fill out a postcard showing your support
- Play knit/crochet games and compete in bridge trivia
- View finished panels and get inspired!
- Check in with us to make sure you’ve signed up and have correct information
- Meet other folks working hard at Knit the Bridge
- Have fun!
Knit the Bridge will be at the festival beginning Friday evening until Sunday. Come by, say hi, and show your support for Knit the Bridge!
For more info on the schedule or general festival info: http://pghknitandcrochet.com/