Are you ready to make history?
Because we are. Knit the Bridge is getting ready for the Installation, Monitoring, and Removal of this historic piece of artwork and we need you to help put it up, keep it safe, and bring it down.
While the upper installation will be done by professional riggers, the ground level installation will be done by hundreds of volunteers. We are covering the Andy Warhol Bridge. Installation is slated for the weekend of August 10th and 11th. Removal is planned for September 7th and 8th.
Are you interested in helping install? If so, please sign up in the box on the sidebar or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All install volunteers on the bridge must:
- Be 18 years old or older
- Attend an hour-long training at Spinning Plate* (Training dates: Thurs July 25, 7-8pm; Sat July 27, 11-noon; Sun July 28, 1-2pm; Wed July 31st, 1-2pm)
- Sign up for at least one 3 hour shift – multiple shifts are welcome and can be worked over the course of the day or the weekend
- Sign the Knit the Bridge Volunteer Waiver form
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Be prepared to work outdoors in August
Note: Most of the installation involves physical, hot, repetitive work. We will provide cool water and some sustenance.
*The Spinning Plate is located at 5720 Friendship Ave, 15206 in East Liberty. Please enter on Baum Blvd. There is on-street parking and additional parking at the Whole Foods East Side complex.